With the advent of distance learning, home schooling programs have been the new trend in education. And because of the recent advancements on technology that we had, these types of schooling alternatives transcended the traditional face to face teacher student interaction and invaded the Internet. Nowadays, home schooling programs take place in virtual schools. Being online, a virtual academy has proven to be very accessible and flexible. There are now quite a significant number of these educational institutions. There are easily accessible online middle schools, online high school, and online academy which are certified and accredited by the state and department of education.
In this article, we explore facts and myths surrounding the phenomenon of online high school homeschooling programs. With virtual high school, homeschooling has never been this flexible, and many groups are either for these online courses or against it because they want the traditional way of how these programs are handled.
- Colleges do not accept online diplomas.
- Only problematic kids who can’t fit in go to an online school such as an online middle school.
- They are not challenging like traditional classroom.
- Fees are expensive because they are private institutions.
- Homeschooling is only for kids.
- Most online high school diplomas are accredited and accepted in different colleges.
- People go to virtual academies because of the flexibility of time
- Online courses come at different academic levels to suit the needs or “challenges” of various students.
- Quite a number of students finish and get a diploma with scholarship programs.
- Even adults can go to an online academy. » Read more: Facts and Myths About Online High School Education